Summary: As natural risks and disasters know no borders, international cooperation in civil protection is on the increase as various countries and organizations rush to each other’s aid during an emergency. Therefore, 3 WATCH OUT project would like to remove as much as possible any foreseeable obstacle to cross border assistance so as to ensure that disaster response operations proceed smoothly.
In order to delineate a trilateral model in the field of civil protection, different actions will be implemented, with the aim to overcome the existing barriers in case of emergency at cross border level and in relation to three type of risk (hydrogeological, seismic and fire). Therefore, on the basis of these actions, and starting from EU CP Mechanism principles, 3 WATCH OUT project aims to define a trilateral cooperation model in the field of civil protection among involved Countries, in order to share experiences and competences and contributing to Europe 2020 strategy and its objectives. This model defines rules of cross border cooperation in case of emergency of one Country identifying appropriate measures to take, as to develop a joint risk management system.
- Lead Partner – Puglia Region Civil Protection Department
- University of Bari Department of Agricultural and Environ-mental Science – Project Partner
- PP3 Regional Council of Lezha – Project Partner
- PP4 Research and Cooperation – Project Partner
- PP5 Ministry of the Interior Directorate for Emergency Manage-ment – Project Partner
- PP6 Foundation “Partnership for Development” (PfD) – Project Partner
This project has started on March 2018 and will finished on June 2021