The Foundation Partnership for Development (PfD) roots with Center for Rural Studies and Sustainable Development set up in 1998 as an independent, non-for-profit and non partisan research and development organization.
In the framework of the recent developments in Albania and of the new challenges towards the achievement of millennium goals, it aroused the need to expand the range of activities aiming to stimulate, support and disseminate opportunities of democratic, social, economical, cultural, environmental, and human development of Albanian population in cooperation with the other nations of the region and wider.
Following this, on June 2007, the Center for Rural Studies, was transformed into the Foundation Partnership for Development based on the Court Decision nr. 251. The main areas of PfD activities are as follows:
- Preparation, organization, implementation and management of programs, projects, studies, various diagnosis and analyses in favor of the economic, social, environmental and cultural development in rural and sub-urban areas;
- Identification and proposal of opportunities and alternatives inducing a fast and sustainable development;
- Promotion of projects and programs aiming to achieve better life conditions for the families in rural and disadvantaged areas, through conservative mentality change and encouragement of the economic development;
- Technical and financial assistance, consultancies and capacity building to public and private administration at central, regional and local level, regarding planning, management and implementation;
- Promote the establishment of links, cooperation, twining and sustainable partnership relations for development between institutions and various private and public subjects with their analogues in other Countries or regions, through the organization, management and implementation of programs, project and various activities;
- Promotion, mediation and facilitation of different aspects of assistance and support between the institutions, organizations and actors of various countries and regions;
- Support and realization of lobbing activities for the stimulation of democratic, social, economic, environmental, cultural and human development of Albanians;
PfD operates through combination of the technical aspects with that of advocacy offering to decision makers alternative policies but in the same time promoting the participation of stakeholders and larger public in discussion, preparation, implementation and monitoring the envisaged policies.
Apart form high policy levels, the intermediate as well as grass root policy levels are targeted by PfD, which services, opinions and recommendations are highly demanded in the country and by several international and donor organization.